Tikka T3 poor ejection

ST300MP

Inactive
Rifle is a Tikka T3 Lite 300WM with 240 rounds thru it. Zero issues the first 220, but now I can't get brass to eject properly at all. By not ejecting properly, I mean light ejects where the brass barely leaves the gun. Also have cases being spun around and remaining in the rifle.

I shoot factory loads only, and with the exception of 40-60 rounds of Winchester, it's been fed nothing but Federal ammo. That includes the last 20 rounds. The only difference was the last 20 were 190gr bullets, which is the heaviest I've used thus far.

It doesn't appear to be ammo/case specific, as I can duplicate the issue using empty cases of various brands. Feel it's safe to say it's not the scope/mounts as they haven't changed since first purchasing the rifle.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
ST

Clean the bolt especially the ejector area. Brass shavings can build up in such places from normal use and cause this type of malfunction.

Appreciate the reply. After cleaning the bolt, there were no signs of brass shavings. Q-tips were only slightly darkened. Had just cleaned her before taking it out for that last 20 rounds. I disassembled the bolt once to clean after I first purchased the rifle, but I'll do it again tonight and look for buildup/brass.

Thanks again,
ST

Does sound like a stuck ejector plunger.
That's the potential weakness of the push-feed design.
Had it happen to a Remington once.

I have a Tikka Arctic version of the T3 here, great ejection even when operating the bolt lightly.
Denis

Back