Tikka T3 ejection issue

napkinholder202

I have a Tikka t3 300 WM. Bought it used(guy said it only had 20 rounds down the tube). Looked to be in excellent condition. It has after market bolt handle/knob, and a aluminum shroud from glades armory I believe. Everything else is factory on it. I was shooting factory loaded Winchester big game expedition accubond ammo out of it. I fired the first round no issue ejecting or feeding. Everything felt fine, I then Chambered a second round, fired, went to run the bolt and it would not budge. The bolt handle will fully rise upward but will not go reward. I am brining it to a gunsmith this weekend but I was just curious what it might be and what the fix is? My first thought was possibly the aftermarket shroud, but I'm no expert.

Thought that was pretty rare with factory ammo? I didn't have my chronograph set up so I have no idea what the velocity/pressure was. Hoping to hear back from the gunsmith soon.

Primers looked fine, no cracks in the spent case. There is an aftermarket shroud on it. I wondered if that could have something to do with it, even though I've never heard of a shroud causing problems.

Back