Tikka = Stupid

the blur

Just brought a Tikka lite hunting rifle.
4 little screw in plugs have to be removed to mount a scope.
Not 1 will spin out with a screw driver. Long story short, they are plastic, and need to be punched in and land in the action or throat.

So stupid that anyone would sell a rifle like this..

"need to be punched in and land in the action or throat."
If your Tikka has a through hole into the "throat", you have far worse problems than plastic filler screws.

The scope mounting holes on every rifle I've ever owned were drilled all the way through the action. None have been into the chamber.

This doesn't hurt a thing, there is no reason to use steel plug screws on a rifle with no iron sights anyway. People just take those out and lose them anyway. Good on Tikka for finding a way to save a little money in a way that doesn't have an effect on quality.

If they were in the chamber that would be something. A gout of flame shooting out the top, doubtful any scope screw could hold it without becoming a missile.

My buddy has the T3 Lite, and his was same way, we popped them out and proceeded mounting a new Vortex Viper, 2.5-10×44.
Couldn't remember anything remarkable about it.

It was no big deal for me since I would have used different rings anyway. I bought a set of Leupold standard bases and rings for this one. For centerfire rifles, I prefer bases that screw mount rather than rings that clamp to a rimfire type rail.

Poor guy. I think you scared him away. But if not, I am willing to offer myself as the recipient of said defective Tikka rifle at no charge. It's just hte way I am. :D

Well the OP maybe gone, but; here is an atractive Tikka. No screws, no base. UnAmerican perhaps:

DSC_0112-Blog.jpg

I have found several sources of real metal bottom metal. Almost plastic free. Just substitute a Leupold and good to go.

Back