Tikka rifles????

smoney

Ok, i met a guy with a Tikka target rifle, it was a superb gun, he said it was around $900, he has an ffl, so that could be dealer or reatail, not sure.

does anybody have any info on these rifles, or atleast direct me to where i can get the info.

thanks for all replies.

The British SAS have used Tikkas as sniper rifles for years (as well as other rifles). That fact in itself has to say something about their quality.

That being said, I'm sure you can find a rifle that will shoot just as well for less money--unless you're hooked on the Tikka.

Nope, not hooked on a tikka, but at the price what do you suggest, i did like the feel of the stock.

thanks

BassProShops in Atlanta had Tikka Whitetail Hunters on sale for about $449 not too long ago. They only had long action models, however. I'd like to find a Continental in .243. Have no idea where to look.

I can get one, if i have one, i want it to be the sporter with the fancy grips on it, and the heavy barrel. it is about $900

I have a Tikka Continental 595 in .308 and it's a very nice gun. OTOH, $900 is a bit steep for most Tikka rifles, which model are you looking at?

Nowadays Tikka rifles are made by Sako in Finland, in the same factory as rifles made under Sako trademark. You can find info on Tikka and Sako rifles at Sako's homepage, www.sako.fi

Ossi

I am looking at the super sporter or what ever it's called, not sure they said the amiercan names were different. it is the one with the REALLY noticable target style stock.

thanks.

Back