Thrilled! Ruger 10/22

relaxing

Haha, I love it. What a great rifle! I got my first 10/22 after hearing so many happy shooting reports... what a fantastic .22! I got it out today for the first time, I just purchased it at a recent show. I also picked up a cheap $40 scope but did the touchy feely to find the best one for the buck, I figured it matched the .22 ok.

I called the county today to check shooting restrictions and found out I was good to go on my recently acquired 10 acres. I started out using the cci quiet 710 fps rounds, lead bullet. The rifle shot like a dream, smooth, although with the subsonic rounds it was pretty much bolt action.

I did have my scope rotated 45% to the left so elevation and windage were reversed, had me confused for a bit, but finally I just held where I needed and the thing will split hairs. Next week I'll adjust the scope properly. This is the first scope I have tried, usually use open sights, but thought the scope would be good for hard to see critters and squirrel season.

I know this post is kind of self-indulgent, but so excited about this little .22 I had to blow off some excitement!

-Scott

Relaxing, have fun with your new 10/22... nice rifle....Having 10 acres will give you some running around room. I was born and raised in South Carolina which I love living out in the sticks. No neighbors and have shot deer in my front yard of my home.

You will get it together and be a pro soon. I read alot and learn from others. This is a nice group of people that enjoy ability to play with firearms safely. Have fun.... Lemmon

Congrats, your one of the millions that have enjoyed that little fellow.Have a blast & be careful.:D

Thanks for the follow up guys, yup going back out to the mill house as the wife and I call it this coming weekend and will try to sight in the scope. One thing I want to do is counter sink some support into the sling bolts, I do like to use a hasty sling for support when shooting off hand, and afraid I might eventually strip out the stock wood screws.

We are planning on moving out there by October. Hope I can build up a berm and do some pistol or other rifle practice, but for now better stay safe with the subsonic .22, they seem good to 50 yards but fall out pretty fast so I'm comfortable with safety as long as I know what is in the direction or behind of target. Will defiantly have to be careful if I go critter hunting as there are houses that come close to the property border.

I think the 10/22 is my favorite of all .22 rifles. It's easily modified with aftermarket parts by the millions. It's accurate and fun to shoot too. Pick up a couple of the BX25 magazines and have fun with it.

Stu

Congrats on your purchase...I'm currently trying to decide if I need one of those [truly, I don't, but how often do shooters let actual NEED stop them?!]. Local Wal Mart sells the stainless version for $247.00, and I'm thinking about it pretty hard. Happy shooting!

LoL, love it smoky joe! I'll be out for some defensive training this weekend but hope to post a report, target pictures and snaps of my little 10/22 in a couple weekends.

I love the fact I can shoot it without notice with the sub-sonic 22's good for target practice if you calculate in the drop incase I'm sighting further.

I bought a Ruger 10/22 Carbine last year, its the most accurate and fun 22 I have ever shot. Not to mention its like an AR when it comes to customization. Its endless the amount of stuff you can do to it.

I bought the stainless version from Wally World a couple of years ago for just a little over 200 bucks.

Got a box of the elcheapo bulk ammo there as well.

Durn little thing was a hoot to shoot and accurate from the git go, although the cheap ammo misfired a lot.

I had to give up shooting for about a year and a half due to some surgeries, but got back on the range last week.

First time back out I could not hit the side of a barn at 25 yds and could not figure out why until I realized my scope had somehow loosened up while sitting in the gun case. Got that straightened out and rezeroed and it was once again a tack driver. Can not wait to get it back on the range to start increasing the distance.

You will enjoy that little thing.

anyone want to take bets on how long it'll be before he starts modding the 10/22 lol ? the most addicting to mod rifle in the world "asside from ar-15"

Back