• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

THR, firefox says untrustworthy ?

I don't have any problems using any of the three big browsers.

It sounds as if you need to write an exception or two for your add ons.

I'm having issues with THR off and on for several days. It loads painfully slow or not at all. I figured site traffic is exceptionally heavy right now.

This archaic, gerbil powered computer, most likely has lots of vulnerable spots. But, that said, using firefox and Norton, I haven't had any problems that I am aware of.

Dunno.

If you tried to access THR this morning, you may need to clear your browser cache and retry. The database was down for a while and some re-directs may have been cached by your browser.

If you want more information, please either describe it in detail, or take a screenshot (printscreen in windows, then open any image editor (even MS paint), paste, save as whatever.png, upload to imgur.com or similar).

Without knowing what the exact message is, and where it shows up, it's difficult to say why it's happening.

I just found Firefox very, very slow, but IE and Opera both went straight to it without a hiccup.

Edit:

OK. I fixed it on my system. From the Firefox menu:

Selected Options|Options|Advanced. Clicked on the Network tab. Clicked on second button down to clear the Cached Web Content, which had filled its alloted 350 MB. Now I go straight to THR fast.

For others, clearing your cookies and maybe your browsing history could help.

Nick

Last edited:
Derek said everything should be smooth as of 8PM EST. If you still have problems after that time, please let him know in the following thread: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=8640951

To prevent a Catch-22, if you still can't get to THR, post the message(s) you are getting here and I'll transfer them to that thread in your name. (But, clearing your cache is still something you try first.)

Back