• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

THR down Again?

Looks down to me. Look at the IP and is that the same as your DNS resolves to?

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
Pinging www.thehighroad.org

www.thehighroad.org A 209.51.144.70

PING www.thehighroad.org (209.51.144.70) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from wellbuiltnetworks.net (209.51.144.70): icmp_seq=1 ttl=53 time=16.4 ms
64 bytes from wellbuiltnetworks.net (209.51.144.70): icmp_seq=2 ttl=53 time=16.2 ms
64 bytes from wellbuiltnetworks.net (209.51.144.70): icmp_seq=3 ttl=53 time=16.9 ms

--- www.thehighroad.org ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2002ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 16.255/16.545/16.932/0.320 ms

Looks good all the way to the wellbuiltnetworks.net site. Try to open the "cp login" page and that goes no where again.

Also is it time to retire the old thread as it is at 570 replys?

Looks like my problem belongs to a piece of comcast equipment.

Last edited:
THR is up. Only APS is down which is strange since they both usually ride in the same roller coaster car.

What I ran into was weird. I could ping the ip address. I could browse wellbuiltnetworks.net. Traffic was lost on opening the browser on THR. I traced from a vendor site with no problem. From my PC Iran into a loop that I believe was internal to comcast or an interconnection from comcast to another carrier.
I would post a screen shot but I can't upload.

Back