Thoughts on the Sig Trailside

Hook_N_Bullet

I just ordered a Sig (Hamerli) Trailside .22 Anyone have one of these? What do you think of it? I was completely sucked in by it when I held it at the Gun Shop. The trigger seemed so much nicer that my Mark II. I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

I bought one for my son in law as a gift. Like you, I loved the feel and style of it. I have always had excellent luck with Sigs. The gun was a complete turkey jammer. I ended up sending it back to Sig. They replaced it with a new one. Regrettably the new one also started jamming frequently. I traded it off. I liked the gun, but the plastic magazines suck. I hope that you have better luck. I have a friend who has a "Trailside". He likes his. I would like one myself, but I am now "gun shy" on the Trailsides.

I don't have one, but they look like very nice pistols. Although a little pricey compared to other offerings. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, it will be a centerfire pistol of some sort. But hey, to each his own. Enjoy your new gun and a Merry Christmas.

Anyone know if theres any truth to what I read somewhere online that S&W m41 mags work in the Trailside?

...I have 4 or 5 12rd'ers hiding from me somewhere in my stuff ;)

Great little guns! BUT<<<

Based on the example I handled Thursday evening, a 4" adjustable sight model, I'd recommend going over an ordered one (Trailside) with a fine tooth comb before accepting it. The one I saw was nothing short of junk. Mismatched grips, failed to go into battery, magazine would not eject, were the most obvious defects. I have to wonder if these aren't being rushed out of the factory to meet demand. I almost doubt that it was capable of firing at all, let alone firing the supplied test target. For $400.00, I demand a better product than that, and am surprised that SIG would risk their reputation with something like this.

The 6 inch fixed sight model was excellent however, in fit, finish and function, so it's obvious that they do make good ones. More people report good things about them than bad also.

I can see one in my future, since they are great looking/feeling little guns. The kinda round shaped grip reminds me a lot of my High Standard in the way it feels.

Thanks so much for the information guys; when that gun comes in, I will inspect it with a fine tooth comb. I dropped the extra cash on a Sig with the premise of buying Top Quality, so it had better be there!

Thanks again,

Dave

Anyone know if theres any truth to what I read somewhere online that S&W m41 mags work in the Trailside?

I've read several reports that the M41 mags will work but something (either the pistol or the mags) needs to be modified a bit. Since SIG's plastic mags for the Trailside are both flimsy and expensive, I'd say it's a worthwhile modification.

BTW, the one Trailside I've shot was very nice.

Back