Thoughts on the Maxfire speedloader???

VaughnT

I carry a S&W 686 on the job. I'm looking for a simple, durable speedloader to replace the simple belt strip we're issued.

When I saw these, http://www.maxfire.com, I was impressed with the seeming "shaker-esque" design and construction. However, I have not seen them in person and their website is sorely lacking in quality. Now I come to a crux.

Have any of you seen them, personally? Used them? Like them? Does it speak well of them that they come in a package of six? For $20, I don't know that I can go wrong, but if the loaders themselves are poorly made, what does that say about the belt pouches? Can't very well walk around with a shabby looking pouch as a part of my duty gear, now can I?

I don't have any experience w/the maxfire's. I think the spring loaded speedloaders are the best. The Safariland Comp III's are probably too big for duty use. I have the S.L. Variants sold by Dillon for my 686+ and my 5-shot J-frame. They're the best out there, but pricey. Hey, it's only your life you'll be trying to save right? :)

Back