Thoughts on Fiocchi FMJ for Kel-Tec P-32??

Kentucky Rifle

I like my P-32 a lot. Especially since I got it hard chromed and purchased the gray grip assembly. People always mentioned that the trigger shoe felt really good, and it was silver so I bought it. (You all were right to recommend that trigger shoe, it DOES feel great.) Anyway, I just cleaned it, lubed it with Militec-1, and replaced the carry load with Fiocchi 73gr. FMJ. It shoots everything I've tried except those short Cor-Bons (which I understand have been made longer now), but I was reading a gun mag article last night that said a .32 caliber, ACP round in FMJ will penetrate 16 inches of gel. I'd like some opinions here of the 73gr. Fiocchi. Think I should reload with hollow points?

Thanks,
KR

Hey Kentucky

I use both in my .32 and .380. In .32, I can't imagine that they would work as designed, but I carry silvertips in the gun and usually Sellier and Belliot FMJ in a spare mag.

Frankly, sometimes I do it the other way around.

Regards.

Kentucky, Here's a very good web site to answer your questions about ammo for your Keltec. http://www.geocities.com/goldenloki2/gel.html I choose the Fiocchi after looking at these test results. And to answer your question about replacing the Fiocchi...NO. None of the hollowpoints penetrate enough. Until someone makes one that can I'll stick with the ball. Kevin

Yes I see, but...

..15 inches of penetration is what worries me. Here in Kentucky, you're screwed if your bullet passes through the bad guy and hits someone else. (Yes, I know he's screwed too.) I don't want to go to jail because my bullet went through the bad guy and hit an innocent person. How could you live with yourself if an innocent bystander was hurt of even killed?
I worry less about my Glock 27. It's Hydra-Shok would expand and stop in the bad guy's body. It's a little grusome, but that's what I'm thinking about.

KR

I just bought a Kel-Tec P32 today. I bought a box of Winchester Silver Tips for $23.00 and two boxes of American Eagle hardball. These prices almost killed me. I haven't bought factory ammo for years. That is almost .50/each. Anyway, looking at that web page, it looks like I am going to get the Cor-Bons. I think all the HPs on that web page had enough penetration, very few of them expanded however other than the Cor-Bon.

I use Fiocchi 73gr. FMJ in my P32 for carry. I would question whether these rounds would really penetrate 16" out of a 2.68" barrel. I used to carry silvertips but have become convinced that FMJ is the way to go for defense ammo in a mouse gun.

Fiocchi 73gr. FMJ $10.98 at CheaperThanDirt

I was holding my tongue, but I can't resist. If you're worried about shooting through a BG with a .32ACP, you're worried about the wrong thing! It's far more likely, unless the circumstances are ideal, that you'll miss with one or more shots. Those rounds don't have to go through the BG to hit someone or something else! I know that a lot of people think that if they're in a shooting situation, they'll be putting all of them in the 10-ring, but paper targets don't shoot back!

Back