Thoughts an Taurus 44 Mag?

Hi glockorama; I think alot of enthusiests have had or presently have them. There're just not that popular..you know...the talk of the town.
I've had two. I had the 4" blued and the 4" stainless. Neither one missed a beat. Nothing broke and I really don't have anything bad to say about them. I do believe the porting helped tame recoil somewhat and I especially liked the grips.
They get a thumbs up from me. Best, J. Parker

I have one and I also give it a thumbs up. I think that the ported barrel definitely helps tame the recoil. I like this Taurus much better than a Ruger Super Blackhawk that I once had.

I had one that I purchased new. I only fired about 50 rds thru it. But out of that 50 I had one failure to fire. The primer was not even dented. After I sold it I heard that it had done it several more times with the new owner.

I have a Raging Bull in 44 mag and it is very accurate and reliable! I am thinking about getting a DW but not because anything is wrong with the Taurus. It is a great revolver. When you get the bug for a WANT over a NEED, well you know how that goes!

I get a kick out of these threads. They've been repeated a thousand times. There's always several guys that step forward who had a bad experience with a Taurus, so they must suck. And no one has EVER had a problem with a Ruger or S&W... :rolleyes:

I have now two Taurus M44's. The first one I bought last spring. It is stainless, 2 3/4" non-ported barrel, fixed sights, and DAO. Kicks like a mule, but is small and relatively light and easy to draw for backpacking in bear country. And with a lot of practice I've even got to be a pretty decent quick double-action shot with it. It has never given me a single problem in the thousand+ rounds I've fired through it.

The other was just bought last week. It is blued, 4" ported barrel, adjustable sights, and both single/double action. Just fired about 60 rounds through it with nary a problem. The only thing that was a pain was the fact that I shot home-brewed lead SWC's through it and as a result had to scrub some lead off of the front sight. Will try and stick to the jacketed bullets from now on.

Thought about getting rid of the first one because the second one suits me better, but why get rid of a perfectly good gun. It works well as my under the seat gun now and I just keep it loaded with 44 special hollow points for predators of the human kind.

Point is... if you decide you want a Taurus... go get one. It's personal taste. Most of the "horror" stories about Taurus are from the past. They are a great value. My new one cost $379 NIB...

Back