Those damn prairie dogs!

Blinkme7182

I was just workin at a farm, and the guy who owned it had a prairie dog. It seemed nice enough because it bounded up to the cage as if it wanted to be pet---and so, stupidly I pet it. BAM! Thing bit me right in my forefinger on my right hand (my trigger finger) almost to the bone, and the cut still hurts like hell!! :o
Anyway, if any of you live near prairie dogs, take out a couple of those lil' devils for me---
Marc
:(

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

var·mint (värmnt)

One that is considered undesirable, obnoxious, or troublesome.

ArmySon's Definition

1911 .45 ACP in its noggin ;)

Blink,

Here is a hint - it aint' a dog!!

If you were in Noo Yoork City and you saw a rat running around, would you put your finger in front of it??? Well then don't do it with a prarie "rat"!

JohnDog (uses a .223 to interact with "rats")

JohnDog. What are you talking about? It was a prairie dog, a caged prairie dog. And that doesn't change the fact that the lil SOB almost bit my finger off when I was trying to have a hint of compassion and sympathy for him.

Marc/Blink,

Just trying to point out that a Prarie Dog is a rodent, not a canine. Never really been up closer than 20 to 30 feet of a live one, as they always skee-dadle down their holes before I could get close enough to pet them. So my buddies and me stand off a few yards and plink at them with various firearms we might have handy at the time.

JohnDog

The only things those `pasture poodles' are `good?' for is either `interactive targets' or `bird food' (Hawks & Eagles!)!! Other than they are as about as useful as spigots on a boar hog!

they always skee-dadle down their holes before I could get close enough to pet them.

Bwahah! Good one! I'm thinking the 6mm Rem I should be getting about hunting season will also be just right for prairie dogs, as well as the yoddle dogs that have been introduced to GA. Just don't know where the prairie in GA is...

Back