thompson full auto

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackmon

I was searching the web and i stumbled on a thompson conversion full auto for 11500. Sounds like a good price?

Any thoughts?

Btw its a legal conversion.

That sounds like a pre-86 dealer sample. Price is about half of what a Thompson tends go for. I'd be very skeptical.

Absolutely correct Crosshair! Something isn't right, and dealer samples can't just be sold and/or transferred. Check with the ATF before you do ANYTHING! If it's for real and you don't want it, PM me. It's a once in a lifetime deal. :eek:

Full auto is fun to shoot but for the money you can buy and shoot a bunch of other guns. Everybody should do some time with the military and get their full auto fix on Uncle Sam's dime.

ok more info.

The gun was a pre 86 semi auto thompson. The gun was legally converted to full auto. The company selling it is reputable and there is not illegality with the gun. I know that regular tommys run in the 20 thousand range. However this is full auto only

Converted from semi-auto? I am thinking it is one of the Numrich semi-autos converted to full auto and registered when that was still legal.

Those are pretty rare, but I think the price would be in range for that gun. Just make sure the seller has the papers and the gun will transfer on a Form 4.

(It could be an original Model 1927, but anyone who would convert one of those would be a barbarian, since they are considered machineguns anyway.)

Jim

That sounds like a cheap way to get into full auto guns, just be aware that your own resale value will stay around that range unless things change. It will never reach the range of older Thompsons. Also parts will probably be a problem for you should something ever break other than maybe an extractor or firing pin. Are the other internals different? Knowing that, I'd say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back