Thompson Encore Rifle

JR

Inactive
I am looking for some feedback on the Thompson Center Encore inter-changable barrel rifle. Specifically I am considering purchasing the Encore 209/50 muzzle loader along with the Win. 300 Mag barrel. Any comments would be appreciated.

I know this is late but I found your post doing a search and saw that you did not get a reply. I ordered an Encore tonight. I got mine in 22-250 to start after shooting one yesterday in 6mm PPC and .308. The guy how had the 6mm has the 300 win. mag. and has yet to shoot it. After shooting the .308 I can understand why. The Encore is so light that the .308 kicks the crap out of you! This was from a bench rest. It is extremly accurate! The rifle in its stock form weighs about like a .22 rifle with large scope. If you do go with a 300 win. mag. I would definetly have a break fitted to help lessen the recoil. Just double up on the hearing protection!

I have an encore in 300 win mag with a 454 casull pistol barrel, yes, it kicks, but it is very accurate, and i don't mind the recoil so much. i don't get the thing about double up on hearing protection i just wear a pair of ear muffs, and the rifle isn't that light with the bull barrel on the big calibers. i don't think you could go wrong with it, it is as versatile as they come, with the ability to change from rifle to pistol, and switch calibers without loss of zero.

------------------
454Casull when it absolutely Has to be destroyed.

Back