Thompson Dimension Anyone ??

THE RAVEN

Has anyone bought a Thompson Dimension yet ??? They are a VERY interesting rifle from what I can see.....I am thinking about getting one in a Ruger .204 format......Thoughts anyone ??

They are brand new, introduced at SHOT. I doubt they will appear around here before this summer. I must say I am intrigued, but they are not the most attractive rifle, judging from the pictures I have seen.

According to their Shot Show video, the rifle is already being shipped to stores, by now.
It sounds like a neat idea.
Interchangeable calibers, very reasonable price, both for the gun and the conversions, (under $600 and $250).
And T.C. says they guarantee 1 MOA.
I'm gonna' give them a look-see.

Interchangeable calibers, very reasonable price, both for the gun and the conversions, (under $600 and $250).

For that price you could buy two T/C Ventures, Stevens 200's and Marlin X rifles and not waste time swaping out barrels, bolts, and magazines and probably have some money left over. I haven't paid more than $375 new for any of the rifles I mentioned even though I don't have the Marlin or Venture anymore. I've got four of the Stevens 200 rifles now.

I think the Dimension is doomed to fail, just because of the design. I don't care how good it might shoot I think it is going to rank right up there with the M710/770 that Remington put out. People will buy it and some will love it but it will never gain a huge following. Heck even a ugly old Savage with it's barrel nut looks like a sleek sports car next to that abortion of a bolt action. They should have just went with a barrel nut and more traditional look of a bolt action rifle like Marlin and Ruger (American) did.

Last edited:
One advantage that occurs to me is that with 1 receiver you could spend more money on optics since you would not be equipping 2 or 3 guns.

One advantage that occurs to me is that with 1 receiver you could spend more money on optics since you would not be equipping 2 or 3 guns.

BTDT and it doesn't work that great IMO, or at least it didn't for me. It was a good theory but you still have to go and confirm zero every time you swap a barrel so a trip to the range. I found that for me at least I always had to fine tune the adjustment as things never lined up quite right every time to put me right on zero after swapping a barrel and cranking on the turrets to readjust to the settings for that cartridge both with Savages and T/C Encore. I found that just sticking with one barrel/scope at a time works better for me but of course YMMV.

I know I'll get asked this question, the scopes tried were Leupold VX-II and VX-III, Nikon Monarch, Burris FFII, and Bushnell Elite 4200 series. All have proven to have repeatable tracking. So I know it wasn't the scopes fault.

I think you missed the part where I said I wanted it in a .204 Ruger....:) I looked at the Stevens,not a bad price for what you get but they don't come in a .204 Ruger according to thier website....

Heck even a ugly old Savage with it's barrel nut looks like a sleek sports car next to that abortion of a bolt action.

Taylorce1, stop beaten around the bush and just say what you're thinking!!

I think you missed the part where I said I wanted it in a .204 Ruger....*I looked at the Stevens,not a bad price for what you get but they don't come in a .204 Ruger according to thier website....

I didn't miss it at all, I just said what I would do. Besides you can just buy a Savage 10, 11, or 12 if you have to get the .204 Ruger. Swap a barrel, bolt head, and magazine same parts as the Dimension more or less. It is just a little more involved than the Dimension but easy enough to do with a little practice.

at two rifles it may not be a great deal, but at 3-4 it starts looking pretty nice. I find it interesting that MSRP on the switch seems to be less than an Encore barrel.

Back