Thompson Center Contender

Dixie Gunsmithing

Moderator Emeritus
All,

Does anyone have a pdf copy of the Thompson Center Contender, generation two, (I believe), with the square safety button and not the selector lever on the hammer? I need the parts drawing and numbers for the square safety button, and most likely, a missing spring and detent. I did not see this model listed at Numrich. Thanks.

This type:

s_l500.jpg

Thanks for the help on that, but it was wrong model. That one is the first version. I saw a photo of the correct manual, but they want $20 for the thing. The part number, that I couldn't make out, has about 3 to 4 digits in it. The one that my neighbor has, is the second version, with the small square cross-bolt type safety through the hammers head. The third model has a selection lever on top. I hate to pay $20 for a 10-12 page owners manual, but I may have to. The problem is, finding a safety after buying the manual.

T/C constantly made changes in the early days .Actually good as they actively tried to correct any problem that occurred ! That hammer is made with sintered metal fairly new in guns at that time .That systemhas been replaced by MIM.

gemihur, Nope, the 2nd pdf is the one with the safety lever on top. I will send the company an e-mail, and see what they have. Thanks for the source.

mete, If I recall, they had a change-out for that hammer, free of charge at one time, but that was many years ago. Finding that part is turning out to be a pain in the wazoo, as the guy doesn't want to shell out around $75 for a complete hammer assembly. Those, I have found a few of, just not the safety itself.

My neighbor, who owns it, is one of those who likes to tinker and loses things, or shows up with a box of parts, because he can't reassemble one. I'm kind of beholding to him, as since I've retired over my health, he mows my yard for free.

Back