This Years Hunt

warbirdlover

I already had a thread about the poor season we had this year so I'll just show some pics of the 12 point buck my SIL got outside his house just outside the city limits with his CVA muzzleloader. The other pics are my blind, myself, my SIL sitting with me, and views out of the blind. The "valley" is where I got a nine pointer two consecutive seasons from this location. On the 1st "view" pic I shot a doe on the left side of the far hill (about 100 yards) this year. Big one.

I've got tomorrow to try a buck and that's it for this year.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• lee-small.jpg
    lee-small.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 130
  • me-small.jpg
    me-small.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 127
  • view1-small.jpg
    view1-small.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Some more

Here's more views and the blind...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• view2-small.jpg
    view2-small.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 110
  • view3-small.jpg
    view3-small.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 113
  • warmth-small.jpg
    warmth-small.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 117
And the last ones...

Last pics (my comfy, swiveling bar stool).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• lee-small2.jpg
    lee-small2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 112
  • gun-small.jpg
    gun-small.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 114
  • seat-small.jpg
    seat-small.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Man one of these days I'm gonna have to build a blind like that. Sitting in a ladder stand when it's 20 degrees out tends to take some of the fun out of it. I can't complain too much though I had a pretty good season though I still have doe tags and 2 weeks left to fill them.

Stu

This replaced a rickety old box stand on stilts. The sides were just linoleum or whatever stapled on. If you dared lean against them you go right out the side. I froze in that stand for many years. There was no reason for it. It was only ten feet up and this is the top of a high hill. I see just as well as I used to. And the deer are used to it now. It's been up two years. Squirrels haven't bothered it either. It's 1/2" treated marine plywood. Carpeted floor also.

Btw, no bucks. The season is over for me.

Back