This Went Awry Last I Posted About It, But...is Center Axis Relock Viable?

Gunnut17

For those who don't know, Center Axis Relock is a gun fighting stance developed to be more versatile than Weaver and the like.

It's a bit cumbersome to explain but I'll leave it to this site to do it:

http://www.pointshooting.com/1acar.htm

To avoid the small conflict that arose when I made somewhat unfounded claims about what CAR made possible, I'll leave you unfamiliar with the idea to the article's breadth of knowledge on it.

But I'm curious, given the niche application and teaching of the method, if it would be worth pursuing instruction in. Anyone, perchance, made use of CAR in some capacity?

There might be some rearranging and renaming of existing techniques.
Probably for marketing purposes.
For example, the first one described seems similar to the so called "chicken wing."
It's all good, though, whatever it's called.

Nothing new, some rewording of basic techniques and mistakes (hopefully not intentional) about basic physics for marketing hype.

Same things apply now that you're 16 instead of 13 in your original thread that Frank referenced.

Hey, if it interests you, and you can find an instructor qualified and certified to teach it, go sign up for a class and see if it works any better for you than the other training classes and methods you've tried.

In the meantime, the greater bulk of LE and private citizen trainers are doing what they do.

Well over 10 years ago a couple of our police officers were trained in this style of shooting. They called it Close Quarters Shooting. Personally I don't want someone so close I need to use one of these positions. If they are that close I will put bullets into them anyway I can anywhere I can.

My recommendation is to study martial arts from a skilled instructor. How do you know a skilled instructor? Well, a big part of it is how they run their class. If you go and it reminds you of a soccer practice from when you were a little kid, you've entered a belt mill. Look for history competing in things like the Asian Games, national championships, history as an instructor of martial arts in a nations military(not just studied, but an instructor). Then it should be nothing little kids soccer practice. There should be a very minimum amount of repetitive drills.

The reason I'm saying this is this styles seems to adapt the basics of confined space melee to the use of a firearm. You'll learn to stay on balance much better with someone trying to kick your head in than standing still on a shooting lane or even moving unchallenged.

Last edited:
Back