This should be in range reports, but who reads those...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornered rat

Zeroed my Bushmaster HBAR yesterday -- NICE rifle. So much better than my late Mini-14.

Shot GF's PPK/s .32 -- after 50 rounds (out of 150 shot) the trigger stopped resetting after I released the slide on a full magazine. Tapping the trigger reset it, but it is hardly a good practice, or safe one outside of a range. I suspect lack of lubrication, doused it with CLP after cleaning. Other guesses?

Shot Blazer JHPs, Russian 107gr ball and Corbon 95gr "flying ashtrays" (my house loads) and found that, while it points fine, sights are off. At 7 yards everything hit 1" to the right. How do I adjust "fixed" rear sights? I know I should "tap with a brass punch with a hammer" but I have no idea as to where to get a punch or how to secure a slide. Ideas, heeeeeeeelp!

Was pleasantly surprised by the crowd I found at the range. Four lanes had wheelchairs in them. A lot of kids. One of them, 10 or 11 was there with his father and brother, sighting in for deer season. While signing in for my lane, I got him another box of .270 ammo, doubling his firing time. Felt good. Maybe he does it for some other kid in ten or twenty years.

[This message has been edited by cornered rat (edited September 14, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back