This may seem crazy, but....

glockten

....I finally got the chance to wring out my USP .45 at the range today, and IT BORES ME!

I was also shooting a Sig/Sauer P220 and a Ruger P97DC, and they both outshot the HK! The USP's groups weren't awful by any means, but I just wasn't impressed. What did impress me was the fact that the Ruger, which retails for $300 less than the HK or the Sig, outshot 'em both!

I think I'm gonna trade that USP in on a Springfield 1911A1.

I am not surprised at all. You don't necessarily need to pay a lot of money to get a great performing pistol. The Ruger P95/97 and CZ 75/97 are classic examples of great performers at a modest price.

I have a P89DC stainless which I really like. I've had no problems with it. They are good guns. I hear the CZ's are another really good gun for a reasonable price. I've handled a couple at a gun shop, but never fired one. They mostly seem to fit my hand pretty well.

-10CFR

It is possible that the H&K didn't like the ammo you were feeding her because they are very accurate pistols. I traded my plastic USP Tactical for a Kimber Classic. Best trade I ever made. Nothing against H&K but the USP grip just didn't feel good in my hand. Because I don't like plastic I also traded my G19 for a Sig 228. I will never trade my P7 though.

Oh come on, give love a chance here! Consider the many variables you face here. From trigger length of pull and weight, grip size and angle, weight and balance, recoil characteristics, etc. there is so much about this H&K to learn for your mind and muscles. As an example, if I shoot several hundred rounds through my BHP and then whip out a 1911, the results are ugly, different muscle memory and such. Maybe shoot this new one in several more dedicated practice sessions w/ no other guns, or shoot all of them from a rest to see what's really going on, some different ammo types too.

Back