This may be old news, Nice broadside to anti-gunners

dog3

But I thought I'd post it, as I have never seen a reference to it before.

(Additionally, its yet another reason Linux is "better".)

This is from Eric Redmonds Homepage subpage "Geeks with Guns".

Its a link to Jeffrey Snyder's "A Nation of Cowards".

I quote:
"How can you rightfully ask another human being to risk his life to protect yours, when you will assume no responsibility yourself? Because that is his job and we pay him to
do it? Because your life is of incalculable value, but his is only worth the $30,000 salary we pay him? If you believe it reprehensible to possess the means and will to use lethal force to repel a criminal assault, how can you call upon another to do so for you? "
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/guns/cowards.html

If ya'll haven't yet, I'd advise downloading it to your drive. Good to have it for off-line reading and as we've recently seen with the 2nd Amendment Law Library...websites disappear

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Yep. Lots of good in A Nation Of Cowards.

My favorite:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>It is impossible to address the problem of rampant crime without talking about the moral responsibility of the intended victim. Crime is rampant because the law-abiding, each of us, condone it, excuse it, permit it, submit to it. We permit and encourage it because we do not fight back, immediately, then and there, where it happens. Crime is not rampant because we do not have enough prisons, because judges and prosecutors are too soft, because the police are hamstrung with absurd technicalities. The defect is there, in our character. We are a nation of cowards and shirkers.[/quote]

------------------
Keep yer stick on the ice.

Back