This little Henry rifle is too cute for words,,,

aarondhgraham

This little Henry rifle is just too cute for words,,,
It's a Henry Mini-Bolt chambered in .22 LR,,,
Pictured with my full size Acu-Bolt.

170207-AccuBoltAndMiniBolt.jpg

I had it out for a quick range session,,,
I was hitting 12 gauge shells at 25 yards with it.

It's as basic as you can get,,,
Single-shot bolt-action with a cocking knob,,,
It does have a manual safety and Williams Fire Sights.

This is going to be a good addition to my collection,,,
Besides the fact it makes another "set" to slake my OCD,,,
I have a friend with two young sons who can stop sharing my Cricket.

Now all we (their Dad and I) will have to do is,,,
Mediate the arguments about who gets to shoot which rifle.

In all seriousness though,,,
This is one very nice youth rifle.

I'm not expecting it to be more precise than the Crickett,,,
But it's definitely well made and finished nicely.

This will be a fun summer for the boys and their "Cool Uncle". :cool:

Aarond

Henry has some very interesting rifles in the market place. I have never desired a lever action until recently. The Big Boy Carbine in .45 Colt or maybe in .357 Magnum/.38 Special has me fascinated.

I agree the little .22 is interesting. I can't justify it to myself since already have two of the little Browning semi-autos which are also sweet in the hands.

I have been trying too convince myself I really need one of the Henry pump 22's. Really neat little throwbacks to the gallery rifles used in carnival shooting game booths.

Nice little rifle!

I have a Chipmunk, and two Savage Rascals (those are the kids'). I think you'll be surprised at the accuracy of these little single shots. I used the Chipmunk as a trap line rifle for a few years. I'd stick it down in the pack basket and go, I don't know how much blood, mud and abuse it took but it still shoots straight. I've probably killed more animals with that thing than any of my hunting rifles.

I actually like the Rascals better, they seem to be more accurate and have a feed ramp which is nice. I'm sure the Henry is high quality as well.

All in all I think any of the mini rifles are a good buy, and can shoot as straight or kill as dead as their full sized brethren.

The little Henry is SWEET! I looked at one for my daughter, but she didn't have an interest in shooting and I didn't want to push the issue. For the money, I think Henry has their competitors beat.

Back