This from a Veteran friend of mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

M14fan

This from a Veteran friend of mine. I cannot possibly agree more with this fine American.

"Dear Friends,
Please do not accept the following as a political message in any sense of the word. I am asking you to pause this minute and think about my words and the reason for them. The Secretary of Homeland Security has issued a directive to law enforcement to be wary and be on the look out for possible terrorists. Now mind you, she refuses to use the word "terrorist" or "war on terrorists" when referring to Islamic radicals but has chosen to call returning veterans, those who believe in the sanctity of life, and others as possible terrorists.
I am furious that this person would call my 92 year old Dad, me, a 100% service connected disabled veteran and my son who is a high ranking officer in the Army and about to deploy for the sixth time to Iraq possible terrorists. I have called both senators and my congressman and demanded that they contact the Secretary today and demand an apology to all veterans, both past and present, and her resignation as of today.
Please, this is not political, it is an affront to you, your dads, your mothers, your sons and daughters who have served this Nation or are now serving. I hope that you will take the time to contact your elected federal officials and let them know how you feel about this unforgivable insult to those who have sacrificed for the freedoms that she is using with which to insult us and diminish our service. Please pass this on to anyone you know who shares the feelings of this writer.
A very angry American Veteran."

So who is this supposed veteran? What branch?

Annonymous messages are common place. I get spammed with them 3-5 times a week. They mean well, but aren't necessarily truthful.

The Secretary Janet did apologize about this misinterpretation the DHS put out the other day in a report. Look at google news and its all over the place.

Hope everyone who wanted, got IBTL! ;)

Anonymous email messages with no attribution and not altogether up to date. Despite the fancy bolded font, it's just a drive-by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back