Thinking of doing an SBR glock

Coach Z

So I want to SBR a glock 17 and was wondering if anybody had sone so and could give me any advice on the various makes of stocks. I've heard of the RONI, HERA, and MAKO. Any others I'm missing?

Right now I'm leaning towards the RONI

heck for the price of the things you'd be better off just buying an actual SBR rifle...

Most of them attach to the pic rail and just add more rails...

that said hera looks the nicest

I'm already waiting on two SBR stamps so practical is already long gone! Just looking for input on the glock SBR theory. Thanks though:D

Do you really want a carbine with no manual safety?

Glock pistols are great, but need a holster that covers the trigger guard.

Turning a Glock pistol into a carbine turns a great pistol into a terribly unsafe rifle unless the conversion kit has a feature that covers the trigger guard.

It's not unsafe in the least, don't pull the trigger it doesn't go bang. I will absolutely not modify a perfectly good platform.

The question specifically is if anybody has experience with the above mentioned platforms. Not if it's practical, safe, ugly or otherwise.

Last edited:
There is a forum member either here or on another site that I am a member of that has done this exact thing. I'll try to find it and post a link.

Shot the Roni. It seemed solid enough but I didn't get to play around with it much, just shoot a few mags on a steel plate range.

Coach Z It's not unsafe in the least, don't pull the trigger it doesn't go bang. I will absolutely not modify a perfectly good platform.
The Glock is a "perfectly good platform" when used as intended.........ie carried in a holster that covers the trigger guard......but in a carbine your trigger is NOT covered.

But hey, if you are so smart then name another carbine that doesn't have a manual safety.:rolleyes:

It is completely and utterly wrong to say a Glock won't fire if you don't pull the trigger. Any object that can enter the trigger guard can cause the gun to fire........like a tree branch. With no manual safety you'll run that risk.

Would you run around in the woods with a 1911 carbine conversion that was loaded, cocked and NOT locked? Only an idiot would.

David Hineline The fobus/Mako type stock is short enough to put in a std. holster and the stock fits under your shoulder joint.
And the foregrip can be folded to cover the trigger guard.

GLR17-3T.jpg
GLR17-4T.jpg

Dogtown Tom that's an interesting option.

Certainly wasn't looking to start an argument with my comment about pulling the trigger. Things do happen... That said I'm looking to create an NFA "toy". This will live in the safe and be brought to the range for fun to be operated by responsible adults. Not a carry gun or a home defense weapon. This is truly an accessory if you will to be operated under only the most perfect circumstances. I'm not trying to make something practical for day to day use, I've got plenty of rifles and pistols that satisfy everyday use. In fact I think nearly all NFA weapons are NOT appropriate for "normal" use. (your normal may vary of course)

All of my carry guns live in holsters that fully protect the trigger and there is no argument there!

With the understanding that it is not as safe as a carbine with a manual safety, I see no problems with it. Keep a good head about you when choosing its use and how it is stored and you will be good to go!

The Roni has a little flap that covers the trigger area. It's the "safety" for the carbine. It's also ambidextrous.

It's a fun range toy. The muzzle device comes off and you can put a suppressor on the end of the pistol. In this picture, it's a Liberty Mystic.

Attachments

• roni.jpg
    roni.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 44
Back