Thinking of a YHM 9mm can

evan1293

Im getting that dark side itch again and Im thinking about picking up a YHM 9mm can for my G17. Anyone have one or had some experience with one? I have a YH can for my .45 and love it. Do subsonic 9mm suppress well (as compared with the .45)?

Do subsonic 9mm suppress well (as compared with the .45)?

Much better. my EVO-9 is sweet with Federal 147gr JHPs. Dunno how your YHM 45 can sounds but my SOS-45 is loud. -- well, relatively speaking anyway. Haven't heard any YHM stuff but they look cool and that little mite is sure growing on me. Let us know what you decide.

If you like your .45 can, you'll love the 9 can. Much better suppresion with a 9 than a 45.

Haven't heard the new AAC 45 can, which is actually supposed to quiet the report of a 45.

The Yankee Hill Cobra is able to be used on .45, 9mm, and .40 with different pistons for each caliber that you put in the can! $60/caliber is a helluva lot less that $800+$200/CAN for multiples. This in itself makes the YHM a superior product IMO!

silentarmy said:
The Yankee Hill Cobra is able to be used on .45, 9mm, and .40 with different pistons for each caliber that you put in the can! $60/caliber is a helluva lot less that $800+$200/CAN for multiples. This in itself makes the YHM a superior product IMO!

I suppose you could buy the .45 Cobra and use it on .40 or 9mm, but the Cobras are only able to have their Nielsen Device disassembled, not the entire can. The piston is the part that actually screws onto the barrel and the replacements come with different thread pitches for different firearms. I wouldn't want to be the one buying the 9mm Cobra and trying to fire .45 through it :eek: Cobras are caliber specific.

Last edited:
I finally bought one of these this weekend. Now the wait.....I hate the wait.......:mad:

I'll be sure to post a report once I get my hands on it.

Common sense would tell you that the .45 can will allow firing of all 3 calibers with only the change of threaded pistons. This is obvious from YHM website and confirmed by my local dealer.

Back