Thinking about a new smoke pole . . . need suggestions.

Prof Young

Shooters:
We have a muzzle loader only deer season here in IL. I had an inline Traditions a few years back but sold it off. I'm ready to get back into the muzzle loader game, and am looking for suggestions. I'd like to get rifle and scope for around $500. Thanks.

Prof Young

I bought my CVA Optima 5 years ago for $200. It was in slightly used condition with perfect bore. New ones sell for about double this price. It will shoot an honest 2.5 inch group at 100 yards with just about any loading I've come up with.

Jack

For less than $500 (but not much) I pieced together an Encore Endeavor frame and a Pro Hunter barrel. My daughter will be taking it out for the first time on a plains mule deer hunt this year. I also have an older H&R stainless steel muzzleloader that I have about $300 total in including a new 209 breach plug that does away with the plastic primer holders.

I have had a Knight disc since 1997 and it has never failed me, have killed many whitetails with it, picked up another used one last year just to have a loaner..love the disc..

I also have a Knight DISC rifle in .50 cal. A little heavy but very accurate and solid. No clue what the used price of one would be though.

The one I picked up last year came without any tools but I checked the bore before buying it and it looked like it had never been fired. The asking price was 225.00 and I offered 200.00 and they accepted.

Back