Thinking about $200 stamp to ATF fro GSG-5

P99AS9

I'm thinking about getting a GSG-5 pistol and attaching a stock onto it. I have never gone about dealing with a class 3 firearm and sending a $200 stamp to the ATF. Can somebody give me the steps on how to do this?

i think you have to get the carbine and shorten it. I am not positive, and I admit such a rule makes no sense, but hey, that's gun laws.

Step one would be to goto the ATF site and request the form.

This is where I get confused.

I've seen people put stocks onto pistols before, and they're making an AOW, but if you put a stock on an AR pistol, you've got an SBR?

Almost

If you put a stock on a pistol, or shorten a rifle barrel, you are still making a Short Barrelled Rifle (SBR). Same Form 1, same $200. I personally recommend establishing a Revocable Living Trust to do it. Fill out the Form 1 in duplicate, copy them to be 2-sided, and send in with a check, copies of the Trust info, and wait.
Here's a link to the latest revision of the form.
http://webpages.charter.net/mcfooter/Form1-RevSept07.pdf

REALLY, guys.. for the 3rd time this week.. if you don't understand the rules don't post opinions in this forum. It's mind boggling to see guys with 1500+ posts make blatantly wrong statements.

Now onto the question and the RIGHT answer..

P99AS9, you want to complete a "Form 1" to manufacture a "Short Barrel Rifle". You can do that with the GSG-5 pistol. It's very easy. You can get the form from titleii.com and instructions for filling it out are all over the internet and this forum. It's essentially the same as buying a silencer. AFTER you get the approved form back and your $200 stamp you can buy and attach the butt stock. DO NOT BUY the stock before hand. That could be seen as constructive possession.

This is what your GSG-5 SBR could look like:

IMG_9166.jpg

j.JPG

Getting a pistol and putting a stock on it after getting the stamp is far easier and cheaper than buying a rifle and cutting down the barrel and putting a muzzle device on it...

I had a rifle...
dsc0006.jpg

Back