Thigh holsters for ladies??

satx78247

New Friends,

I'm asking for my adult daughter, who has recently "adopted" my 9x18mm Makarov, is pending receiving her License to Carry (She is required to "carry concealed from common view" & & in an "on body" holster IF she chooses to carry a handgun at work.) & wants a "lingerie grade" thigh holster to wear under a long skirt.
(Her usual work garb is a blouse, tall boots & a long skirt, especially on cool/cold days. She would prefer to NOT be forced to wear a jacket in the office OR to be unarmed.)

She tells me that she has "looked all over" & has not found a suitable "under the skirt" holster.
(The sole source that I knew of for such a rig was a retired female USSS agent, who made NICE ladies "deep cover" holsters but who has passed away.)

THANKS for reading this. - Your input is requested if you know of a current source.

yours, satx

Last edited:
satx78247 said:
New Friends,

I'm asking for my adult daughter, who has recently "adopted" my 9x18mm Makarov, is pending receiving her License to Carry (She is required to "carry concealed from common view" & & in an "on body" holster IF she chooses to carry a handgun at work.) & wants a "lingerie grade" thigh holster to wear under a long skirt.
(Her usual work garb is a blouse, tall boots & a long skirt, especially on cool/cold days. She would prefer to NOT be forced to wear a jacket in the office OR to be unarmed.)

She tells me that she has "looked all over" & has not found a suitable "under the skirt" holster.
(The sole source that I knew of for such a rig was a retired female USSS agent, who made NICE ladies "deep cover" holsters but who has passed away.)

THANKS for reading this. - Your input is requested if you know of a current source.

yours, satx

Some time ago, I bought my wife a Bulldog brand thigh holster for her insulin pump. I'll be honest, I would never in a million years put anything bigger than a KelTec P3AT/Ruger LCP in that thing, and that's pushing it.

Further, you say she has adopted your Makarov. While I admire the girl's taste, that is a heavy gun that was never designed for concealed carry. I love the little buggers (I got 2 of them myself), but they would be much too heavy for most thigh holsters. I think she's gonna be barking up the wrong tree with that search. She will most likely need a new gun to carry or a new style of holster.

I, (my wife) was in the same boat. She wanted a thigh holster for her PPK.

We found Nevada Leather made the one that fit her needs perfectly. Besides the part that goes around the leg, it has a garter type set up to keep it from sliding down my wife's skinny legs.

And not, that's not her leg. And take into account the lady had her dress hiked up to show the holster.

Nevada%20leather.gif

Jimmy R,

Fwiw, my daughter really didn't ask to "adopt" my little MAK that I carried for years. - It just disappeared into the pocket of her jacket.

What she said was, "Daddy that's way to 'girly' a pistol for you to carry. Why don't you carry your big .45? I'll just take this little gun home with me."
(Daughters tend to have "taking ways". - There is MUCH truth the old saying that, "A son is yours till he meets his wife but a daughter is yours for all of your life".)

Fwiw, the USSS agent made "lingerie holsters" for Model 66 "snubbies" for a lot of federal agents, so I'd guess that it's a matter of knowing how to make a holster for a handgun, rather than its size/weight.

THANKS, satx

kraigwy,

THANKS.

My daughter's usual work skirts are "tea length" or at least "below the knee" length & worn with boots with heels.

yours, satx

Last edited:
turkeestalker,

NICE. - I think that one of those "lacy" thigh holsters will appeal to her. - I just emailed her the links.

Note: the holsters made by the retired/deceased agent looked like a regular/sexy garter belt with a holster of the same material attached.
(That's what I was really thinking of. = A former GF of mine, who was a ABC agent, had several "under the skirt" holsters, to match different colors of "foundations".)

THANKS, satx

Last edited:
Back