The West Texas Pig Cemetery

Zen Archery

West Texas Hogs Down!!!
Click Here For Video.

qNUdaUAl.jpg

Thanks Zen, for helping put (at least a small) dent in the Texas feral hog problem.
I’m impressed you dropped 2, as they usually scatter so fast after the first shot it takes hours for them to come back.
Let me know next your going out and I’d be happy to bring a .50.

Model12,
Feral hogs are not game animals in Texas, are unprotected and a serious nuisance to the community.

I haven’t been over here to the hunting forum in a while, but the catchy title made me look.

I miss pig exterminations, no pigs since I moved from Texas, there aren’t anyone in need of my service in Washington state.

I had a good pit a ways from the main farm; it served two purposes:
1. A place to dump pig carcasses.
2. A good pile of pig meat keeps the coyotes happy and away from the domestic animals.

And yeah, they are not a game animal, they are a non-native invasive species. Most of the time there’s no one that even wants the carcass. I gave away as many pigs as people wanted; only one requirement, no pig was allowed to leave the farm alive.

I’m fine with letting dead pigs lie, they provide food for the carnivorous native species. I’ve seen carrion completely consume a 200lb pig within several hours

In Texas alone, crop and land damages are estimated at some $100 million per year.

Think "cockroaches with hooves" and forget the ethics.

Back