• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

The Vent Box

NIGHTWATCH

I know this has come up plenty of times before, but I suggest a "Vent Box" forum here at TFL with the statement "knock yourself out (lol). We need a place to spew our venom...or at least talk about the ball game. :D

With no moderator of course. :cool: Just my vent. Thanks.

NC-
A reread of my last shows "glib bordering on sarcastic". It was not my intent and I really appreciate the good natured way in which you responded.

Thanks for cutting me the slack. Thanks for reminding me to
Think Twice
Post Once

Rich

Rich, you can never judge a man by the stroke of his pen (or keyboard ;) ). I have a tremendous amount of respect for you and the moderators at TFL and staff at SWAT magazine for the important work you do. And Im just glad to be able to be apart of it in anyway I can.

Endorse a project? I will send the mullah $$$ :D
Need me to send an e-mail in protest? Its gone baby! :mad:
Or remind you that we are on the same team? Done. :cool:

It's all good brother. It's all good.

United We Stand

Dear Rich, and everybody else: TFL has become my favorite place on the Internet! Hey, here's an idea! How about an annual get- together? Or, regional groups? There seems to be a very strong "fraternal" feeling and, as the Harley people have Sturgis, we could have our own "pilgimmage." Springfield, MO?

Anyway, thanks for the fantastic forums and I'm looking forward to my subscription to S.W.A.T.

Anytime a TFL member is in the Palm Springs area of So Cal, send an email and I'd love to get together!

Back the Badge,

Steve Pirosh
Desert Hot Springs, CA

Gatherings of TFL members and lurkers...

Hmmm... I don't know. We should think about that one.
laugh.gif

Back