The Show is comming! I Need some advice on .380 for concealing weapon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sig Man

The gunshow is coming to my county soon, and I am planning to get a HK and some small concealing sized gun(preferly .380). But, I know nothing about .380. Please give me some advice on choosing best concealing weapon with good power...how's S&W .380?

One of the best bargains in a .380 is the FEG (hungarian) PA-63 walther copy. It holds 7 rounds and while the finish is a little rough, the guns shoot really well. There is also a smaller 6 shot version called the SMC. trigger pull in double action can be gritty, but the guns should cost HALF of what you pay for a USED walther, say the $200-250 range.

East german made makarovs are a GREAT value as well if you would consider a 9x18 instead of a .380

Stay safe and good luck,

Dr.Rob

I like the new Barreta Tomcat 32ACP. Although a small gun it has everything a back up should have. This thing will fit anywhere and it has a nice flip up barrel that allows you to single shot load in case things get real hairy and your clip fails or is empty. Just push a button and load a round. They are selling for about $250 in my town.

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16

My personal under the pillow gun is a Bersa Series 95 with the nickle finish. This has got to be one of the most underrated weapons in the world. I have owned 2 .380s from Bersa in about 4 years. The first was the 383A, which I understand is similar to the current Thunder .380 (all steel). This model was good until the trigger spring snapped and I have not found a replacement yet. I opted to just go ahead and but a new .380. That's when I picked up the Series 95.

It is a little bigger than the PPK/s and is about the same size as the SIG 232. It shoots the pants of any PPK I've everseen. The SIG 232 is just too expensive for my taste.

The series 95 shoots well, and is reliable with everything I've put through it. Cost should be about 225.00 in most areas. It also somes with a pretty decent warranty.

Give it a close look, I don't think it will disappoint.

Luck

------------------
"By His stripes we are healed..."

PeterGunn

Another vote for the Makarov. You can buy a .380 barrel for the Mak for about $70 and have both .380 and 9x18. Nothing else needs to be modified or changed.

------------------
I offer neither pay nor quarters nor provisions; I offer hunger, thirst, forced marches, battles and death. Let him who loves his country in his heart, and not his lips only, follow me.
-Giuseppe Garabaldi

I have a Makarov and like it a lot. However, it is larger+heavier than Sig 230, for example. Plus side is wicked accuracy and low recoil.

Sig Man... Need you ask? a Sig P-230!

Or a Kahr K9... Same size (roughly) and chambering the 9mm.

Just something to consider...

------------------
Dan

Si vis pacem para bellum!

Check me out at:
<A HREF="http://www.mindspring.com/~susdan/interest.htm" TARGET=_blank>

www.mindspring.com/~susdan/interest.htm</A>
www.mindspring.com/~susdan/GlocksnGoodies.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back