The Second Amendment’s Great Election Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one do not consider any issues related to the second admendment to be related to any of the real problems of the country at the moment. If you could somehow relate the second admendment (or any of the others) to, say, the national debt, then perhaps I might be interested. Much was said about the national debt but nothing specific was described and nothing specific will be done, I expect. Just a hunch.

I for one do not consider any issues related to the second admendment to be related to any of the real problems of the country at the moment
To some extent, I agree. The 2nd Amendment isn't in danger on the Federal level at the moment. I was worried about a very small chance that a lame-duck executive and legislature might try to pass a gun-control law in late 2011 as a "legacy building" measure, but even that scenario is now off the table.

We're safe for now.

There are several issues of grave importance that the electorate feels need to be addressed, but at the moment, the 2A is not in imminent danger.

Second amendment aside, what we've got is pols who are more interested in positioning for 2012 than trying to fix the mess that the past few administrations have gotten us into and left us in. Of course many of them were part of the problem to begin with.

Politics and drive-by. Sorry , lights out.

No criticism on Kopel. An awesome guy - great books. Went shooting with him in Colorado once.

Sorry but thanks for the link.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back