The season is underway

CD1

I was just out in Idaho hunting with a buddy who has a taxidermy business. One of the many cool things about going to see him is that I get to see all the skulls coming in, and I get to hear the stories about how they were taken. If I were a taxidermist I could write a book every year full of great hunting stories. :)

The weather is getting cooler there now, so when this pic was taken the temps were on their way down to the 40's, and the fire felt just right.

Sadly I had to come home to MS/TN a few days later where the highs are still 99 and the overnight lows in the 70's. When I look at this picture though it takes me back to the mountains, and it gives me great comfort knowing that someone is out there in a canyon right now packing out a load of meat.

IMG_20190915_211009 by s s, on Flickr

Looks like a decent 5pt bull was taken. I just got back last night from a successful elk hunt with my daughter. I thought the pack out was going to kill me!

The pack is never light. I think it's natures goal to have you burn as many calories packing it out, as you'll get from eating it. :D

Congrats on you kill!

Back