The Search Ended Today

Swamp Yankee

EUREKA

Anyone who has read my past posts knows I'm an avid Dan Wesson accumulator. Well today my Holy Grail of Dan Wessons came home. A used 95+ % original Monson, Mass. Model 40 Supermag in .357 Maximum with 8 inch barrel. I've always wanted one of these since my IHMSA days. I remember when they first came out a fellow competitor let me try a cylinder through his and I've been in love and on the search since.

Well today I found one on consignment at the local shop for $299. That included all the original packing, manuals, barrel tool, original DW wooden and Pachmayer grips and 2 boxes of ammo to boot. Oh, I forgot to add it has a Bushnell 2X Trophy scope mounted on it.

Ok, so it's not the most glamorous, most popular, number one on the most desired list, but in case you hadn't noticed I'm tickled pink. Sunday is range day, can't wait to try it out.

Take Care

Congratulations! I've never even seen a DW 357 Maximum, a couple Rugers but not the DW. I hope it shoots like you expect it too, we'll be waiting for the range report of 4" 200 yard groups. :)

Pic please?

Another DW hand-howitzer finds a good home :) And at this price, you can't lose... Never seen one of these, please pose picture if you can.
PS5

My buddy had one back in 1986 or so. If I remember correctly, it came with an extra barrel when he bought it NIB. It was a nice gun and it was accurate too. He took his down to the local smith and had it drilled and tapped for scope mounts---I believe he mounted a Bushnell scope on it too. The only other thing I remember about it---is that it would shed the bullet jackets with some fairly aggresive handloads.

Have fun with your new baby----I was sorry to see his go, cause I would have bought it if I had the money at the time.

DW not in the 2002 Shooter's Bible

Speaking of DW, their guns are not in the Shooter's Bible 2002. Not a pip, not even a reference, not listed in the guns manufacturers list even...

Until now, I thought that the SB was a compendium of products available for sale in the US. What's the deal with those guys?

PS5

Back