The Search Continues. Any 6mm BR Norma Advice?

its_a_dinger

Inactive
I am seeking any advice about the 6mm BR Norma. I have dug a bit to find some answers but feel I am missing alot.

Not looking for a $3000 F-class build but possibly a $800-$1000 300-600yd sharp shooter.

I have been looking at the 6.5 creed but there is just something about the 6 BR that has been calling me which is why I want to know more.

If the casing are out there, by all means, go for it!!!

I still have a box of factory 6mm Rem BR here... Just can't seem to stretch the case long enough to fit in the wife's 243 Win... ;)

It's my favorite cartridge. Extremely accurate, even in my hands.

Lapua brass is, as usual, excellent stuff. Norma also makes excellent brass, but I've only used the Lapua.

My rifle is a single shot Savage, customized by a gunsmith who I do not know. I bought it used.

Redding dies is what I use to load for it. Berger 80 grain bullets with Varget powder is my setup.

If you buy a rifle, I recommend you go with a 1 in 8 twist so you can shoot those heavier / longer bullets out to those distances. My rifle is a 1 in 12 twist, so the heavier bullets won't do well.

Lapua makes factory ammo for 6mmBR, but it's pretty pricey. But then you have Lapua brass to reload!

Since you mentioned 6.5 Creedmoor, does the 6mm Creedmoor interest you at all? It's starting to get some mainstream attention now and it's been winning comps for a little bit now.

Hornady is making factory 6mm Creedmoor now and I believe they are going to start making brass with the 6mm creed headstamp very soon or already are doing so. Lapua is to have 6.5 Creed brass, which you can easily convert to 6mm brass.

I myself am very happy to see the 6mm Creed getting some traction. My build that I'm currently working on raising the funds for is a 1/7 Twist 6mm Creed. When everything is said and done it'll be around a 7k Rig, but man oh man when I get this thing up and running everyone on the line better watch out!

Also Ruger is releasing thier Precision Rifle and an American Rifle in 6mm Creed. Wouldn't mind getting my hand on the Precision Rifle myself.

Back