The Savage made me do it

Bushmaster1313

300 Savage 99G from 1927:

How it came:

pix333975457_zps93945d49.jpg

Put together with the rear buckhorn sight knocked out and a Lyman flip up aperture tang sight installed.

photo3_zps190f61e7.jpg

photo1_zps021881df.jpg

Here is a picture of the Lyman sight:

$_57.JPG

My goal is to be able to hit a 9 inch pie plate at 100 yards from the standing position.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Word to the wise.

Don't make a habit of assembling/disassembling it. Once it starts to loosen up, there's no way to take up any slop in the barrel threads short of peining them.

Just curious since it looks like an easy takedown even if it should be left together but how do you get the barrel back on? Do you go so far as get a vise and action wrench or can it be done with a strap wrench.

Just curious since it looks like an easy takedown even if it should be left together but how do you get the barrel back on? Do you go so far as get a vise and action wrench or can it be done with a strap wrench.

Screwed in by hand nice and tight

What's done by hand??:eek:
Oh, that. Yeah, just hand tight. Open the bolt and screw the barrel in. There is a notch on the bottom of the barrel, it lines up with the cut in the receiver ring so the barrel key on the frame extension/forearm can hold the barrel in place. Doesn't sound very secure, but it works very nicely.

That 99 looks lonely. Send it to me and my 3 1899s will keep it company.;)

Back