The SAME overpriced machine gun from J*ckson Armory!

I'd guess they're going for free advertising.... and you are providing it for them. In other words, the auction is doing exactly what it's designed to do.

While I agree that the AC556 is overpriced, I'd say only by about 5k-6k. I haven't seen a 13" blued folder sell for $5,800 for a couple of years now, at least. I keep a close look-out for AC556's and parts sets and this is what I've seen:

1. None for sale on Sturmgewher.com for several weeks now. Recent sales:

Stainless full-stock $9,000
Stainless folder $13,025
Stainless folder $12,000
Blued folder $9,625

2. I know that there are a lot of parts sets out there. Those who have them are being very careful not to flood the market to keep prices in the $1,000 range. Still, I think the availability of parts sets is making the AC556 a little more desirable. I just picked up a nice complete fire-control group as a spare for mine for around $400 (the only parts you really need are the fire control group, happy-switch and link. There's a good chance that the used barrel won't line up correctly anyway)

3. New barrels, and even good aftermarket barrels are easily available. The receivers are rock-solid.

4. 20 and 30 round factory magazines are easy to get, not super cheap but available.

5. Several "tactical" stock options are available.

Check with Ruben "The Cuban" Mendiola. His prices seem to be a little more reasonable on most things.

Check with Ruben "The Cuban" Mendiola. His prices seem to be a little more reasonable on most things.

I second that. I bought my M16 from him. He's not always the cheapest, but he's not overly pricey either. He's straight forward and easy to deal with and will have your gun on it's way to your dealer very quickly.

Back