The "Roller"Trigger

Blue Heeler

Has anyone fitted one of these types of trigger to their Revolver?
I have a friend who has two S&W K Frame .38's and both have the "Roller" trigger fitted.The actions are very smooth and don't have any hang-ups in operation.They are competition guns with all the usual extras such as Apex slab barrels,Aristocrat or Wichita ribs,expanded forcing cones etc.
I think it would be worth the trouble to fit such a trigger but don't know for sure.
Any thoughts?

It's a double action-only trigger/hammer system that actually has a roller bearing on the trigger tail.

Generally results in a VERY smooth trigger pull.

Disadvantages are double-action only, if you want single/double action, and cost.

Cylinder and Slide's unit is nearly $200.

Thanks for your interest Archie and Mike.I don't know much about them myself.I do know though that in the close stuff (25yds and in) the results seem pretty good.I'm going to see if the bloke will let me try one out.I really don't like borrowing someone else's gun but this time,because it's a rare thing,I'll ask if I can try it.
Maybe next week---I'll post the results.

Plus, there's not much point in installing it without having a 'smith relieve the insides of the frame to reduce the bearing surfaces for the trigger & hammer to a minimum.

Definitely a very serious competition part.

Back