The Right Way To Do Business

X-KILL

When I first saw the thread titled "Does Cor-Bon's +p lie bother anyone?" I was curious to say the least. After checking that out and recalling some very disturbing results I myself had experienced with Cor-Bon I started doing my research. What I discovered, through TFL of course, was a company by the name of PROLOAD.

After not being able to find anything negative about this company, its product or its owner I decided to take one step further and contact them for my self. Just now I hung up the phone after speaking with John Koppell, the owner of Proload. We just talked for nearly 30 minutes at his expense. I learned more about the .40 S&W than I ever knew before. Let me tell you, that man knows what he's talking about. He was genuinely concerned about my questions and concerns and he took the time to answer everything I asked.

I ordered some of his ammo and very much look forward to trying it out. Get this...he said that if I was not 100% pleased that he'd be glad to send me more ammo at no cost or cut me a check for a full refund no ? asked. When is the last time you heard that?

If anyone out there has more experience with Proload please respond.

This company really seems to have there stuff together.

By the way you can find Proload at www.Proload.com

Nice site and you can secure purchase on-line.

[This message has been edited by X-KILL (edited December 17, 1999).]

One Word: DAMN... That is EXACTLY what a company should be. The owner answering your questions and offering full refunds... Beautiful... I'm gonna check out ProLoad for myself. I think I may very well be ordering something from there soon! I will mention that I got a reccomendation from you.

------------------
"...you're thinkin was that 5 shots or was it 6? Well, you've gotta ask yourself one question: Do you feel lucky??? ...Well, do ya PUNK!?!?

I may also try Pro Load products, but I am not unhappy with the CorBon ammo that I have used. Not to start THAT over again , I will get to the point.
My observation has been this: The manufacturers of the guns and ammo I have used, and mind you,I have not been a shooter that long, have shown me a commitment to good business practices that have been, in my experience, superior to just about every other product I use.
My first gun purchase was a Phoenix Arms HP-22 pistol. New, at the pawn shop where I first saw it, $99.95. My first experience with a gun manufacturer's customer service came a few months later when the hammer block safety loosened up and kept drifting to "safe". I was so impressed when I sent the gun in for repair and got it back in a little over a week, repaired, with a new owner's manual, and an extra magazine. All this in a gun that retails for $99.95! Now granted, I am sure this gun costs little to produce, and the money they make helps cover the warranty stuff, but come on, to me this is a good deal. I have had similar experiences with S&W, Remington and KelTec. If manufacturers of other products would just follow suit, the world would be a much better place, at least customer service wise.

------------------
So many a'holes-- so few bullets!------
Ford Fairlane :D

[This message has been edited by tatters (edited December 18, 1999).]

Frontsight:

Basically it all started with a thread entitled as mentioned above or somthin' therebouts'. It centered around +p .40 ammo. Of course, there is no such critter as +p .40 as SAAMI does not recognize specifications for loadings of the .40 to +p pressures.

One thing lead to another, this and that response went down and in poured the views on a lot of .40 loads of the various manufacturers out there. It went from a statement that Cor-bon produced +p .40 to questions about near proof loads from them and consequently their accuracy etc etc etc.

In all that chatter I found info on Proload and, being very dissatisfied with my "own personal" experiences with Cor-bon, I began talking to the the owner of Proload and decided to try and make a switch on my carry brand.

Still wish you had asked now???. Just kidding.

I thought it only proper to convey my findings of Proload in a simple statement about how nice it was to deal with them on the phone. Good Ammo?..... or Good Salesman?.......we'll find out after I get that 120 rds. in hand and after I see how my USP40-C likes it.

Good Nite all.

Back