The Racist Origins Of The Current Concealed Carry Gun Laws In California

Incitatus

Just stumbled upon this on a pro-CCW website and found this well documented historical fact to be very interesting.

On my blog I also added a little bit of background about the different types CCW laws in America, just in case younger gun owners do not have that information:

The Racist Origins Of The Current Concealed Carry Gun Laws In California

I wonder how many gun-grabbing liberals would be shell-shocked to learn their anti-gun "feelings" are in fact very similar with the Klan attitude towards Blacks, Hispanicks and Asians.

Enjoy the read!

I think you will find that a lot of anti-gun laws have racist origins...or were at least sold to the general public by manipulating racist opinions and mindsets.

Ordinary people are sold the idea of gun control by showing them images of gang bangers with 9mm's tucked in their waistbands all the time.

Other prejudices are also exploited. Like the dislike of the "bubba" that has a bunch of EBR's in his basement and is waiting for Jesus to come back and is willing to kill anyone that gets in his way until then.

Gun control is sold on the notion that the majority cannot be trusted because of the actions of a small minority. If you can get people to hate that minority enough they will even sacrifice their own freedom to "punish" the ones they hate.

"Gun control is sold on the notion that the majority cannot be trusted because of the actions of a small minority. If you can get people to hate that minority enough they will even sacrifice their own freedom to "punish" the ones they hate."

To the point and very well stated.

Actually this is "new"

I know Jim March, and have long been aware of Clayton Cramer's
excellent research, this article finds actual proof of CA racist law.

The CA DOJ under Lockyer said they base CA gun laws on the Cruikshank scotus decision (totally racist in itself) but that is to arcane for people to really sink their teeth into. (I'm into arcane my self, but your average voter is into sound bites)

This is a great find, an article basically saying that they want to keep
"Chinese & Latino's" from their RKBA.
I had been looking and looking WRT CA gun law, and not able to find it.

This is a terrific breakthrough!

something I noticed in Bowling for Columbine by Michael Moore, is that he mentiones the early american gun control in concern to the blacks.
but then like most of his stupidities he some how passed over it and made it work into hes screwed up theory.

I don't know California history, about tong wars and latino vandettas, but if it was said that a gun law might have some impact on such crimes, I don't see how we turn that into a racist attempt to deny Chinese and Hispanics the right to defend themselves.

Great name "Hugh"

:D

They now say gun control prevents crime, at the time they passed it (the law)
They believed that Chinese and Latinos were incapable of being law abiding citizens because of their race.
Thats why CA is discretionary, and in practice is still discriminatory.

Lawyer Daggit,
The Watts riots happened in the 60's, the ccw law in the 1920's.
However, the Black Panthers surrounded the State Capital building in the late 60's, (with rifles) causing a fearful legislature and future President Reagan to pass a law against open carry of loaded
weapons, which had been legal.

Last edited:
Back