THE problem with your pistols that have an action job!

deerslayer303

Its kinda like after driving that Cadillac you no longer want to take the Chevy on a road trip! :D My Goonerized 62 Police and Remmy are slicker than owl snot. The main thing is a stock hammer spring is SO heavy on a Repro Remmy it makes me not want to shoot the ones that have not had the makeover. Pietta should definitely at least lighten up that spring. I haven't had any failures to ignite a cap on my worked over Remmy.

I think the Wolff reduced power spring for Colt SAA will work in a Remington. At least I have heard that. I haven't tried to cross springs over. That spring by itself will work wonders for an action. Greatly reduced hammer pull and trigger will be a little lighter.

HUSH Hawg!!!!! Lol!!!

Thanks deerslayer303!!
Glad to hear everything is working good. You may need a free update on those!! A 2 day turnaround on the update !! ( it is better! It's quick cause all the hard stuff is already done!!)

I'm just teasing ya Hawgie!!!

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @ goonsgunworks

Last edited:
I have two Pietta 1858 Remington's that have had action jobs performed on them and they are smooth as silk and cock like a $2,000 Colt. I put a Wolff reduced power spring in a third stock Remington, and while it does reduce the hammer blow and make cocking easier, it is nothing like an action job.

"...problem with your pistols that have an action job..." Isn't just BP revolvers either. Any firearm with a really good trigger puts you off everything else.
"...Cadillac..." Those are rich old guy cars. Think 73ish Chevy Nova SS. snicker.

Ok Tim, you got me there and I agree :D The funny thing is, an action job changes your perception for sure. Before I couldn't grasp what everyone meant because I thought the pistols were pretty good as they came but OH boy when I got them back and fired them for the first time that all went out the window.

Back