the problem with my 91/30 continues....

Chamber problems

About hard turning bolt:

A little tune up of the bolt body and cocking piece is all it needs.

If you look on the top of the cocking ramp/cocking piece you'll see a little ridge, if you look on the bolt body you will see a corresponding V groove in the bolt body that the cocking piece sits in in the cocked/open position.

If you stone down the top of the V in the cocking piece and touch up smooth the edge's of the V groove in the Bolt body you will have a much smoother break/closure during the initial turning down of the bolt.

Another area to look at is for Chamber burrs in the 2:00 o’clock to 5:00 o'clock from the extractor rubbing against the chamber end (closing bolt on empty chamber) and rolling a burr into the chamber, check for scrapes in that area from extraction, if you have them you will need to deburr and or polish chamber edges.
You do not need to cut any coils off of the firing pin spring to get a smoother less effort bolt lift to load the Moison 91 rifle.
The Moison 91/30 and all its variants already have a very slow lock-time due too the heavy mass of metal/parts (cocking piece) attached to the firing pin and spring, removing firing pin coils only slows down the lock time more and may cause misfires (light striker hits) in cold weather.

I didn't take my gun apart at all or do anything except lube and wipe the bore out to inspect it before firing. The bolt was a little stiff with no cart. at first but shooting it loosened it up. That seems like a good thing but I suppose I better keep an eye on it.

91/30 problems

Had the same problem on one of mine. You need to knock down that sharp edge @ the rear of the chamber. On mine I used an empty case with a screw through the primer to hold it onto a piece of dowel rod. I then used spray-on adhesive to hold some 400 wet-or dry sandpaper onto the case, turning it by hand to clean it up. Go slowly, checking progress by chambering fired cases & inspecting.

Back