The Presidential Speech I Want To Hear

sparkysteve

I got this in a forwarded e-mail, and thought I would share:

"My Fellow Americans: The defeat of the Iraqi regime and insurgency has been completed.

This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American forces from Iraq This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now time to begin the reckoning.

Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries which have stood by our side during the Operation Iraqi Freedom. This list is short . The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Georgia, Australia, South Korea, Romania, El Salvador, Romania, Albania, Denmark, Poland, and almost a dozen more are on this list.

The other list contains every one not on the first list. Most of the world’s nations are on that list. My press secretary will be distributing copies of both lists later this evening.

Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pay for the costs of the Iraq war. THEN EVERY YEAR THERE AFTER IT’ll GO TO OUR SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM SO IT WONT GO BROKE IN 20 YEARS.

The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world Hellholes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption.

Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France.

In the future, together with Congress, I will work to redirect this money toward solving the vexing social problems we still have at home. On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face of the earth.

Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France or maybe China.

I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France, Germany, and Russia. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. Effective immediately.

I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid parking tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and crushed. I don’t care about whatever treaty pertains to this. You creeps have tens of thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay those tickets tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers and limos be turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York.

A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pissing us off for a change.

Mexico is also on List 2 its president and his entirely corrupt government really needs an attitude adjustment. I will have a couple extra thousand tanks and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I am going to put ’em? Yep, border security. We are tired of the one-way immigration highway.

Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty - starting now.

Immediately, we’ll be drilling for oil in Alaska - which will take care of this country’s oil needs for decades to come. If you’re an environmentalist who opposes this decision, I refer you to List 2. Pick a country and move there.

It is time for America to focus on its own well-being and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying. "Yup."

Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America It is time to eliminate homelessness in America . To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thank you. We owe you, and we won’t forget.

To the nations on List 2, a final thought: You might want to learn to speak Arabic.

God bless America . Thank you and good night."

There's so much wrong with that, I don't even know where to begin.

I think Bush has as much chance stamping out bad manners as he does stamping out terrorism.

Yeah, because chest-beating and "You're either with us or against us" has worked so well these last seven years...

Of course as the classic conversation goes. "Will this fix anything?" "No, but it sure feels good."

I'm kind of torn on the Canadians. Half of them are great, the other half suck and are despised by all retail employees. On the other hand, they are spending a crapload of money in the US, screwing over their economy in the long run.

Since we haven't suffered a terrorist attack since 9/11 I wouldn't attribute it to coincidence. We took our safety for granted prior to it and it didn't take long for political myopia to set in with many of our countrymen.

[QUOTESince we haven't suffered a terrorist attack since 9/11 I wouldn't attribute it to coincidence. ][/QUOTE]

Perhaps we would not have had the first attack if we had secured our borders, ports and controlled immigration, all in all would have cost less and saved more lives.

How about ending ALL foreign aid??? I can't find anything in the constitution which authorizes the federal government to take money from the public treasury and send it to other nations (except to repay a loan the government owes).

Someone please explain to me how any of the governments actions (especially the military operations in Iraq) post 9-11-01 have really stopped us from having a major act of terrorism here. After all, were I someone who wanted nothing more in life than to kill American civilians at home; I'd just pay a bribe to get into Mexico, then hop across the barely protected border and go about my evil deeds.

Perhaps we would not have had the first attack if we had secured our borders, ports and controlled immigration, all in all would have cost less and saved more lives.

The first attack could not be stopped by doing any of the above suggestions (not that they should not be done, because they should). The majority of those terrorists were alread in the country, being trained to fly at our airports. There is no doubt that we got caught with our pud in our hand the first time. For the most part I feel that we are doing better as a country, at trying to protect us from another attack, but like with all things there is always more that can be done. At least we are aware that it can happen and we are at least looking for such attacks.

I have seen that speech before and I agree with most of its points but dont find that it is very practical or going to happen in the near future.

Again I point out, as I have on other threads, that all the 9/11 terrorists were here legeally, not one of them snuck across the border.

The border should be secured, but dont equate one with contributing to the other.

There's so much wrong with that, I don't even know where to begin.

Yes, but mostly the problems are with the way it’s packaged. There’s a lot that's right once you get past the idiotic delivery.

I wouldn’t have a problem with:
• defeating insurgency in Iraq
• bringing troops home
• closing the borders
• ending foreign aid
• getting out of NATO and NAFTA and the UN
• treating our enemies like they are actually our enemies
• acting in a more isolationist fashion

Entertaining speech...it's fun to dream sometimes :-)
But why pull out of Iraq in 30 days? I'd rather kill all the terrorists first, and then, by all means, bring troops home.

I think I agree with pretty much all the other ideas in there.

The first attack could not be stopped by doing any of the above suggestions (not that they should not be done, because they should). The majority of those terrorists were alread in the country, being trained to fly at our airports.

Beat me to it.

Here's some additions to your letter, you may insert where appropriate (:p):

....Although the terrorists will certainly gain total control over Iraq, we'll just worry about it later. Sure, the rape rooms and torture rooms will start right back up, but oh well. And the Iraqis who helped us will be slaughtered. We'll just ignore that, just as we'll ignore the fact that terrorists will use Iraq as a base of operations to attack the United States....

....My policy of isolationism will be complete. Although it worked to prevent WWI and WWII, we'll worry about that stuff later. The United States will not help anyone any more....

....This wonderful new policy of "retiring" from NATO will be especially intelligent given the dramatic increase in military spending by China, Russia, and other countries. But we'll worry about that later....

Yeah, I've got a whole bunch of fantasy Presidential speeches too. As much as I like GWB I do regret his inability to express even a little bit of sophistication or nuance.

But if I heard the speech that started this thread my first thought would be "what about Afghanistan"? And why so hard on the French? Sarkozy strikes me as a decent enough guy.

The reality that I see is that we're heading into a brutal economy, and our biggest concern in two to five years will be Russia. There's no point in alienating potential allies.

Back