The perfect gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirex288

I'm shopping around for X-mas gifts now. I have a friend who is a LEO. He carries a Colt Govt. MK IV 1911. I'm trying to figure out what I can get him that won't break the bank. The first thing that pops in my head are higher capacity magazines. His current mags only hold about 7 rds each. Where he works, I "feel" he should have at least 10. Can anyone recommend any brands that WON'T jam and feed reliably?
I want something that will match the factory mag length. Nothing that will extend past the normal flush look on the bottom (if you get what I'm saying). Thanks.

Wilson, Ed Brown and others have 10rd .45 mags, but they do not fit flush with the frame. I'm afraid you are out of luck with this idea.
You might buy him a couple of Wilson 8rd mags- see if you can locate a pair of brass mag pads for them, they look great and help insure mag hits base down when ejected.

Thanks. I thought I would give it a shot. 8 rds sounds good. Only one extra round from the current seven but hey, you never know when you'll need it. Any other ideas? I thought about night sights but they cost too much for my spending budget. He's not a gunsmith-do it yourselfer type person that likes to hammer and drill away at his gun. The most is breaking the gun down and cleaning it. Sounds lame but not all LEOs are gun buffs. :( Any easy drop in components that will improve the gun for duty use? His Colt Govt. is bone stock.

[This message has been edited by Spirex288 (edited November 09, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Spirex288 (edited November 09, 1999).]

How about a nice holster like from Mitch Rosen, or Alessi?
Even better, how about a card and a pizza!

I think you're being quite thoughtful and wish my wife would be posting something like this, but I doubt she will(G)...

The 1911 in stock condition beats most tweaked other models hands down, but...

The things that need "Fixing" on a 1911 are trigger, sights and grips, usually. Once you've a decent trigger, sights you can pick up fast and accurately,and grips that fit you, you've exhausted the must have list. This assuming it's reliable, of course.

The next thing to buy for that 1911 is lots of ammo,and range fees. Find out what ammo he uses, and buy a quantity. Believe me, he'll appreciate it!

If he doesn't already have one, how about a Surefire tactical flashlight? Cost around $50 and it's pretty useful on the job...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back