The Only Way To Stop A Bad Man...

With A Gun Is A Good Man With A.....CAR? LOL.

Sometimes, you just gotta fight back with what you have at your disposal.

http://www.wral.com/the-latest-mom-of-shooting-suspect-son-wife-broke-up/17116294/

Upon seeing the suspect firing shots into a store and putting his rifle down for some reason, the hero got in his car and intentionally drove it into the gunman who flew over the car and took off on foot, followed by the hero and fellow employee before finally being tackled by police.

Police say the man fired dozens of rounds at the store from outside before being tackled by officers as he attempted to flee on foot. Police say he was wearing camouflage and body armor, and two AR-15 rifles were recovered.

This is getting to be a trend, it would seem, bad guys wearing body armor.

This would appear to be an attempted sort of public mass shooting in a non gun free zone whereby the shooter was thwarted by poor aim and a good guy with a car who seized the opportunity to act when it was presented to him.

>
> Police in the town of (cheek-tuh-WAH'-guh), New York, say 29-year-old
> Travis Green used a pump-action AR-15-style rifle
>

YGBSM.....

Hard to argue caliber wars when you're up against a car! LOL. I'm glad that Mr. Pinnavaia was brave enough to do what he did and that he was not hurt. What is even more shocking was the fact the shooter was able to run away after getting hit. Maybe the caliber war continues!!! :p

>
> Police in the town of (cheek-tuh-WAH'-guh), New York, say 29-year-old
> Travis Green used a pump-action AR-15-style rifle
>

YGBSM.....

Nope. As odd as it may seem for residents of the Free States, there really is such a thing as a pump action AR15 style rifle.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/ar...troy-223-national-sporting-pump-action-rifle/

It's a way for residents in the non-constitutional states to legally own something similar to an AR15. Since the incident occurred in NY, it's entirely possible that's what was used.

Natman's law #23: If you see someone doing something that makes no practical or economic sense, there's probably a government regulation involved.

You know, I posted this story because it was so unusual and because there are some lessons to be learned from it. The story had a happy ending because good guys decided to act and appeared to have responded smartly when opportunity presented itself. Fortunately, only one person was hurt and not more.

The pump AR15 is an oddity. If it is what it is claimed to be, this is the first such shooting I have heard of with one of these guns. Very odd.

big bullet advocate

The velocity is low, but it's hard to argue with the power of a 1-1/2 ton bullet.

Even then, they didn't get a complete "stop".

DNS said:
This is getting to be a trend, it would seem, bad guys wearing body armor.
Several weeks ago -- well before the Texas church shooting -- I had a discussion with a friend who is a retired police chief and law enforcement firearms trainer. I said something about the triple tap (two to center of mass, assess, then one to the head if the threat wasn't stopped). He said that's no longer valid, because too many bad guys now are wearing armor.

He didn't advocate shooting to slide lock, but he said a practical minimum is five to six shots, then stop to assess.

Last edited:
stephen426 said:
Hard to argue caliber wars when you're up against a car! LOL. I'm glad that Mr. Pinnavaia was brave enough to do what he did and that he was not hurt. What is even more shocking was the fact the shooter was able to run away after getting hit. Maybe the caliber war continues!!!

Maybe he should have used a Buick???

In the late 1990s the Chief of the National Constabulary, the National Police Force of Papua New Guinea said in a newspaper interview that if civilians came across a road block (very common in those days) and the people manning it were not wearing either police or army uniforms, then the civilians should RUN THEM DOWN.

He used those exact words.

The secretary in our Port Moresby office did just that. A raskol (bandit) tried to stop her car with a home made shotgun and she drove straight at him. He dived out of the way without getting a shot off.

If time allowed I'd rather reverse into them to protect my radiator. Otherwise, try tp impact the carjacker with the corner side of your grill to protect your radiator.

Back