The next revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

allanh

First I have to say I'm not advocating the start of a revolution.
I was headed out yesterday to do some shooting to prepare for my hunting trip next week, I was with some friends who for the most part are on the liberal side of conservative. The talk turned to 2nd amendment and then to fanatics(Us who hang out on the internet) and armed revolt.

The question came up, at what point would you consider becomming involved in armed revolt. Most felt that they would stay home, until they came knocking on the door to collect there weapons. Too late in my opinion.

I started thinking about how our forefathers worked to gain support, and then realized that there would be very little chance of a coordinated revolt like that again. If a group were to try and start to organize, the feds we jump on them so fast, and the press would demonize them.

So here is my thought for everyone to ponder.

How will the next revolt become organized?

Again, I'm not trying to organize, just thinking and wondering. this is not a call to arms.

------------------

At what part would I become involved? The second the peice of legislation passed that would take away my second amendment rights.

As far as organization goes, it will consist of a number of small groups of people along with a lot of so called "rouges" (one man army). Heres a poor analogy - Deer season - Thousands of armed men clad in blaze orange flock to the woods, some in groups others individualy, all with the same goal to kill a deer.- Same thing with a revolution everyone fights, maybe not sychronized or with complete organization but with the same goal, to gain freedom.

Solo, it's already happened.

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!

www.quixtar.com
referal #2005932

John/az2

Your right to a certain extent, the second amendment has be distorted to the point to wear one could argue it has no meaning, but I'm talking about the final blow. The blow where we are "supposed" to turn in our guns, sort of like the one currently in CA, but a little more extreme.

shells.gif

[This message has been edited by solo (edited September 20, 1999).]

This has the potential to become unacceptable.

The SWAT, Fight the UN, and a few others all began with the same disclaimer..." I'm not advocating _____, I'm just curious".

As it will be a judgement call I will lock it with no explanation when I feel its degenerated.
As a further note, as this board is extremely likely monitored by people opposed to us, why give them a primer on how to further counteract us? Is this a particularly bright move to discuss in public? I sure wouldn't want my opposition to know my contingency plans

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

DC, maybe you should lock it. As I stated, I was thinking about this this weekend, and thought it an interesting thing to ponder. I would hope that no one would offer a solution. Just hoped people might think about it for a hopefully never needed situation.

Allanh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back