The New Freeland Constitution

jimpeel

It seems that there is a serious movement in New Zealand to enact a new Constitution. The preamble reads like our Declaration of Independence. Note the many similarities.

Their Bill of Rights includes the right to overthrow the government, if need be, should it become tyrannical.

The right to arms is absolute.

The right to unencumbered ownership and use of private property is absolute.

These guys sound fairly serious and would bear watching to see just how badly they get crushed by the government.

See the preamble, Constitution, Bill of Rights at:
http://www.freeradical.co.nz/content/constitution/index.html

Well if they can't be crushed by their own government, I bet they will be able to get a lot of help from others. Can't have radical ideas like this going around. It might spread.

------------------
Richard

The debate is not about guns,
but rather who has the ultimate power to rule,
the People or Government.
RKBA!

I'm packed or at least I am packing. About the closest thing to a Libertarian Government (if there is such a thing) that I've ever seen.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Sounds very good... Unless they get rolled over like a bunch of Davidians.
Even if they succeed - and I really do hope they do... I would not consider moving there.
A. They have some active Volcanos and I dont want it to go Pompei on my @ss.
B. I am an American. Not only that - I'm Western American. I grew up in Texas and have lived everywhere from Seattle Washington to Richmond Virginia - and I love every bit of it...
Well - not Duchesne County, Utah... That place sucks...
But my point is this is MY COUNTRY.

Besides - What do you call some one from New Zealand?
Zealots?

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Hey - have you seen the new Ultimate Super Tactical Match Gun?

Sounds good. Very crystal clear on a lot of points, very unambiguous with no interpretation required, but . . . . so is our Constitution, and look where we're at.

I wish them luck.

------------------
“The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals. ... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of.” -Alexander Addison, 1789

It *does* show that our Founding Fathers were worthy of emulating.

I'm tempted to say, "Let's get started!"

But, I'm preaching to the choir - one of the best choirs I've ever been a party to.

This time, one for the Kiwis:

Stick it to 'em! RKBA!

Back