The Mauser M2 Pistol

cocojo

Anyone own the mauser m2 pistol. How do they shoot? Any problems encountered? What do you think about the gun? I am interested in this gun but it is new . I want to know where the bugs are in the new design. Also is this the gun that they said is not for Law Enforcement or was that the HS2000?

The magazine review I just read said the M2 is not "Law Enforcement Rated" because its service life is supposed to be only about 20,000 rounds before it will need new springs and pins and whatever -- major overhaul.

Again, from magazine articles, the HS 2000 was designed as a military & police service pistol, test-fired way more than 20K rounds through a single sample, and is the issue sidearm of the Croatian police and military. Two separate articles compared its construction to a Glock, but with heftier metal components, especially the slide rails. My guess is that it would take some serious hard use to wear out an HS2000. There's enough to buy one in my gun-stuff set-aside fund, but I'm waiting for the .357 SIG version.

I have not shot an M2 but I would be interested in trying one. If you get some range time with one, post a report, please.

Back