The Magic Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZVP

Imagine for a moment that SAMMI issued each manufacturer with such a template and to be considered a perfect Pocket Pistol, the gun must pass through it to be considered as a representitives of the Breed.Sounds a bit wacky but it the pistols in my small collection and thatI consider perfect specimens all DO fit such a criteria! From my Model36 through my Cobra 38 caliber Derringer are all so dimensioned reguardless of calibe
OK. So my little fantasy is a bit wild though the real facts aren't and in spite of the guns weight (various frame materials),they all have a wonderfully familiar "feel" to em!
I think I'll continue to believe in this little fantasy cause it appears to beat fact!
ZVP

Why not find a gun you like and that fits YOUR pocket (if that is where you want to carry it) and not worry about whether it fits someone's definition of a "pocket pistol"? Over the years and changes of fashion, pockets have ranged from small "watch pockets" to the old English greatcoat pocket, which can swallow an UZI SMG.

Jim

Maybe your criteria for a templet should be set by the clothing makers, not SAAMI. "Make it to fit our pockets in order to call it a pocket pistol.
Or you could just do as Jim said, and buy guns that fit your criteria.

A bigger "magic box" for me.

I only wear jeans around the house, pockets don't meet my pistol criteria: the largest pistol I can carry / draw from jeans pockets is a LCP380 and that doesn't meet my notion of ideal pocket pistol.

Cargo pants (Cabelas 7 pocket hiker, Wrangler) and cargo shorts allow me to carry a suitable pocket pistol, defined as Glock 43, KahrPM9 or PM40.

My "suitable" pocket pistol is an option* to a larger pistol carried IWB; the option* to put my hand on the pistol without revealing I'm carrying (handy if approached by someone "shady" in parking lot) which I can't do with the pistol concealed on my belt.

Why not just the "suitable" pocket pistol? Good question. ;) If a threat is positively identified (person has weapon, ect...) I'd rather have a full grip, longer sight radius, quicker accurate shots of a larger pistol and carry accordingly. :)

Edit to add pic. PM9 vs 38 snub
PM9 would fit into any "box" that the 38 would, maybe smaller.

Attachments

• Magic box on left.jpg
    Magic box on left.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Having one SAAMI pattern for firearms to fit every person means that people would also have to fit within a particular Pattern. Untill all our hands are the same size, all our arms the same length and we all have the same amount of hand/arm finger strength, having a firearm that fits you perfectly, will never mean it always fits someone else perfectly. Kinda why there are so many different models out there. Why there are short pull rifles for youth and small framed folks. Add to this, the subjective opinion of what "feels good" in one's hand.

Whenever someone authors a post on any gun forum about "which gun should I get?", others are quick to reply, "get one like mine!". But guns are like shoes. Until everyone has the same size foot, there will never be a "one size fits all".

The
topic and post we we intended to loosen the somber topic of hide- outs. And inject some fun around here. Please take it as meant OK?, OK!

ZVP

The
topic and post we we intended to loosen the somber topic of hide- outs. And inject some fun around here. Please take it as meant OK?, OK!

ZVP

Appears to me someone's been smokin' the magic box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back