The long-awaited return of the Gun Show to Columbus!

The long-awaited return of the Gun Show to Columbus!

By Steve Loos

No, this isn't a flash back to 1989 and your eyes are not deceiving you! After many years absence a Gun Show is returning to Columbus Ohio proper! This April 5th, licensed dealers from across the country as well as participants from throughout Ohio will gather once again at Vet's Memorial in Downtown Columbus.

What makes this show a special event is the fact that, thanks to arcane gun restrictions for many years, it wasn't feasible for Gun shows to be held in C-town

for the full article please visit

www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/5085

Is the show coming to Columbus sponsored by the Ohio Collector Arms Dealer's Association, the big show that was held in Columbus years ago?

Martyn

That's the OGCA, the Ohio Gun Collectors Association. No, not yet. The OGCA has to book its venues about two years in advance.

We had hoped to return to the IX Center, but as Cleveland is still litigating the new preemption law, until that lawsuit is resolved we're steering clear of venues such as Cleveland and Columbus. Unless it has been (I don't think so) and the latency rule mentioned above applies.

Regards,

Walt

Walt,

Yep, that's the one I was thinking about, but I had the exact name wrong.
I was at that show when it was held in Columbus years ago, and gotta say that it was the very best show I've ever gone to, bar none.
I could have gotten lost in the show for a couple of days and not seen it all.
What's the status of that show in Cleveland? I had heard that it was/is being held in an old airport hanger, after they left Columbus. If I had someone to make the trip with me, I'd go again as the number of tables was mind boggling, with some really great guns for sale.
I'm at the point in life where I'm looking for some neat older rifles, like Win Low Walls, and older Springfield sporters.
Thanks for the info.. Much appreciated.

Martyn

This is kinda funny cause for the last 2 to 3 years once a month there has been a gun show in columbus. Promoted by PRO at westland mall in the old JCPenney's building.

I was thinking the same thing

Yeah Dakota, I was thinking the same thing. The PRO shows in Westland may not be in Columbus proper, but they are in Columbus. They are pretty good shows.

Lg_mouth

Back